Alpha testing has begun for Dragonflight. More like the first phase begins. The initial focus of the alpha testing will be the new zone, race, and class, the new feature of dragon riding, including some new user interface updates. You can also look at the talent revamps for Death Knight, Druids, Hunters, Priests, and Rogues.
The alchemy and blacksmithing professions will also be a focus allowing you to poke around in those changes while you’re in this specific phase. The goal is to get as much feedback as possible from each phase of updates, so in the future phases, specific zones will be available and then disabled.
The zones are expected to weave in and out of existence during the stages of the alpha, the majority of content and features will continue week after week following the introduction into alpha. Every week we should see a new phase of alpha.
Phase 1 Zone Experience: The Azure Span
- New Race and Class: Dracthyr Evoker
- New Interface HUD Revamp
- Talent Revamps for Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Priest, and Rogue
- Professions: Alchemy and Blacksmithing
Current Alpha Zone Plans
- The Phase 2 Zone Experience: The Forbidden Reach
- Phase 3 Zone Experiences: The Forbidden Reach and Waking Shores
- The Phase 4 Zone Experiences: The Forbidden Reach and Thaldraszus
- Phase 5 Zone Experiences: The Forbidden Reach and Ohn’ahran Plain
- Phase 6+ All zones are expected to be playable
Alpha is a great way for the company to get feedback as well as players to test the upcoming expansion and be a part of the feedback. Did you get into Alpha testing? If not, do you hope to get an invite to it? Let us know in the comments below, we’d love to hear from you.